The ideal approach would enable us to:
- create a simple interface for MySQL database records
- provide read-only access to those records
- use controlled taxonomies and/or folksonomies
- support password-protected profiles
- allow profiles to tag and annotate records
- review and compare profiles for inter-coder agreement
- query by tag or comment
- append approved tags and comments to MySQL records
Such a tool should have very broad applicability throughout the social sciences and law - indeed, any discipline that relies heavily on textual evidence.
Any suggestions would be enormously helpful.